I got my rig to 8C ON AIR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's great, I did mine in paint, and your's isn't correct. The insulated tube is much bigger, and it just goes to the case, cpu is to hard.

all right not braggin but mine was done in paint and i woulda made it go to the cpu but the cutaway looked unnatural, lol neways its ur idea so i was sure i was gonna get some of it wrong

Ok guys first one to make it in 3D Studio max gets a cookie.....and yeah having the window AC unit will produce condensation in your computer...wouldn't really recommend it. You could always make an intercooler......make a square box that has the same liquid in it that you use in water cooled kits....have a copper tube running in it through one side, and on the inside it'd be somewhat like a coil...so the copper coil is suspended in this cooling liquid basically. I don't know...I wanted to be cool like everyone else and draw up some plans so I did =P

heatsink.jpg

Hope I did the image thing right. Anyway theres a liquid that works on the same principle as a lava lamp...when its cool it falls and when its heated it rises....So....fill the box that you see with this liquid with a copertube going straight down ontop of the copper base for the processor...and heat should be pulled up through that..but not only that use the copper tubing and also fill that with the same liquid and have it continually moving through its loopage...it should do it through natural 'convection' don't know the right word I'm lookin for. Anyway yeah.......

Musjunk22 said:
I was just sitting here surfin the forums and I had my AC on and was freezing. I thought hey it keeps me cold how about my comp? So I opened it up put it on the table next to my AC and opened up Speedfan. Speedfan read temps from 12C to 8C. Just to let you know... I don't have any problem with cooling even with my cpu oced it stays at 22C idle. If you don't beleive me heres a screenshot:

http://www.imagevenue.com/my.php?loc=web1/&image=5fd95_8 Celsius02.JPG

wat is your temperature without the a/c on ur comp?

Nubius said:
Ok guys first one to make it in 3D Studio max gets a cookie.....and yeah having the window AC unit will produce condensation in your computer...wouldn't really recommend it. You could always make an intercooler......make a square box that has the same liquid in it that you use in water cooled kits....have a copper tube running in it through one side, and on the inside it'd be somewhat like a coil...so the copper coil is suspended in this cooling liquid basically. I don't know...I wanted to be cool like everyone else and draw up some plans so I did =P

heatsink.jpg

Hope I did the image thing right. Anyway theres a liquid that works on the same principle as a lava lamp...when its cool it falls and when its heated it rises....So....fill the box that you see with this liquid with a copertube going straight down ontop of the copper base for the processor...and heat should be pulled up through that..but not only that use the copper tubing and also fill that with the same liquid and have it continually moving through its loopage...it should do it through natural 'convection' don't know the right word I'm lookin for. Anyway yeah.......

WHOA! u are an artist! neway, thats pretty kewl, but i do have one question, what would make the liquid cool? it would just get hotter and hotter rite?

my dad has a CNC [Computer Numerical Control] machine shop.
the motherboard on this machine is like 5 ft. by 3 ft. one of the machines had a AC unit in it.

{by the way... how do u insert a pic or a link into a post reply}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom