I cut a lot of holes and soon shall have a lot of fans... take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
im planning on putting an athlon xp mobile socket a system in there and seeing if i cant get some wicked overclock's

and im currently debating using two psu's because this case does have the space...

im planning on putting an athlon xp mobile socket a system in there and seeing if i cant get some wicked overclock's
I wouldn't expect anything great really...trust me I did the whole 'lets load a ridiculous amount of fans into the box' thing with my XP-M...yeah it'll knock the overall case temp down a few degrees and it might cause the CPU to go down a couple degrees, but unless you're knocking down 10-20C I wouldn't expect any ridiculously different OC's

That is a lot of holes there.

I would of gone for 120 mm instead as because
- Noise
- Dust as More Air Flow = More Dust And Crap going into your system.
- Power Consumption
- Case Structure. With the number of holes you have put into that PC. The structural Streigth of the PC as been reduced.

Also, as for overclocking the CPU and still keeping air flow, i would of used Badong Super Charger CPU Cooler DS-80 with any good cooper heat since that takes an 80mm fan. And making sure I have a dust filter at the end of it. From personal experience from using one on my PC, they keep the CPU temp down by 10c as they are taking air in from directly out side of your PC.

I am interest in see how this project comes about.

Well case structure isnt a problem at all with this case

i believe it comes out as 1.5 mil steel and is strong as hell
also the 120 hole saw would have been to big for the drill i had at hand
it also cost near twice as much so...

also 120mm fans are loads more expensive

so it was a collection on reasons

For future reference.....

aspire.comptech said:
also the 120 hole saw would have been to big for the drill i had at hand
it also cost near twice as much so...
Check out DeWalt for their Hole Saws and Mandrels some time.

DeWalt Part #D180048 3-1/8 (76mm) Bi-Metal Hole Saw for 80mm Fan
DeWalt Part #D180072 4-1/2 (114mm) Bi-Metal Hole Saw for 120mm Fans.

The prices between on size hole saw and another is not that great. Madrel was about AU$40, and each whole saw was about AU$40 each.

Mind you, if you are spending this money, you want to be doing more than just one hole in a case (let alone just one case)

haha jus make sure u dont get vantec tornados or your comp will sound like a leaf blower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom