i cant over clock, its to hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
ok...

Someone told me that the *** hat who built my computer overclocked my computer badly...

i have no idea where to start, i read all the things i can find about it, and i dont udnerstand it at all...

busses and 2-4-6-8 1-2-3-4, what? voltages, speeds.

....dude. no idea at all.

someone told me that my cpu is using like 1.5v and is only at 3.7, he said it should be closer to 4ghz, so i want to fix it. :/ halp.

busses and 2-4-6-8 1-2-3-4, what? voltages, speeds.

....dude. no idea at all.

someone told me that my cpu is using like 1.5v and is only at 3.7, he said it should be closer to 4ghz, so i want to fix it. :/ halp.

Right now I feel like that 80 rogue whose been farming for a new dagger only to have the Mage ninja my loot.

Ok dude google Cpuz, take a screenshot, or validate it online. Then post your link in your reply.

It should look like the Cpuz link in my signature vv down there vv

Is this what you were looking for?

cpu-1.jpg

how do i do that?

when i start my computer do i enter the Bios and itll be pretty straight forward?

i have never been in the Bios of a computer before... ill be honest im intimidated by it. any tips or " Dont do's " would help...

thanks.

Also, what does what you told me mean in English, like what dropping the bus speed down to 200 and raising the mulitplyer to 19 do to my computer?

When you drop the bus speed your ram remains unaffected. The multiplier times the bus speed is how you attain your final clock speed.

19x200= 3,800mhz (3.8ghz)
19.5x200= 3,900mhz (3.9ghz)
20x200= 4,000mhz (4.0ghz)

The CPU voltage gives the chip a little extra juice to keep the chip running. Generally for 45nm Quads you wouldn't want to go beyond 1.5Volts.

Since your chip is a black edition chip all you must do is unlock the multiplier in order to overclock.

can i break anything by doing this wrong... i have like 20% confidence

If windows doesn't boot you can go back to the bios and set things back to normal. If it does, then congrats you've overclocked to 3.8ghz.

Your friend raised the bus speed which also increases the ram frequency. Raising the multiplier as I m advising you to do, would actually be the safest most straight forward method to overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom