i cant over clock, its to hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem man, thanks for the offer but I just downed an entire large BBQ chicken pizza a few hours ago lol.

so, what kind of performance incress am i going to see? is it going to be minimal or is going to be a big difference?

Any increase after 3.8ghz~ you really won't see much of an improvement in gaming and probably minimal change in performance from bumping to 4.00ghz. It's not really for "extra performance" as much as it would be testing your limits.

You raised the multiplier to overclock so your memory remained intact. You can overclock your ram too from increasing the CPU bus speed if you wanted to. But the performance gain in my opinion is not worth it.

Your ram just like your chip has it's limits. Often times you have to downclock you ram in order to continue raising the CPU bus speed. So you'd go to your bios and set the ram to like 666 MHz and due to the overclock from the bus speed the ram is still operating at like 800mhz or something.

what makes you say that? i thought the more ram the better?

Also, i went to 20 and it wouldnt boot. so i spose im going to stay at 19. i was going to try 19.5 but couldnt be bother for the extra .01ghz

Oh well, 3.8ghz is still pretty sweet.

Extra ram/unused ram is really just a waste of money. Unless your creating 3d models or something memory intensive, then you don't require much more then 4Gb.

yea man, and its cooler (temp) than when i had it at 3.7ghz! and i learned something new, i got my feet wet in Bios and i overclocked my CPU properly :D

good times all around, thanks alot for your help, literally couldnt have done it with out you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom