Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime
E6600
evga 8800GTS
2GB Dominator 800MHz
evga 680i

It arrived yesterday....

Gah! I am playing Oblivion at 1600 X 1200 with max settings and getting 100-135fps indoors and 25-45fps outdoors. CRAZY!

:eek:

I know that the 8800GTS can support HDR and Antialiasing at the same time, but is there some kind of patch for Oblivion that will allow it to use both at the same time?

I also installed DOOM3, set the settings at max, and restarted the game. I went back into the settings and they were reverted back the LOW settings. What's the deal?

Has anyone had any issuses putting their X-Fi card in the last PCI slot on the evga 680i motherboard? I am using onboard now because I wanted to avoid issues with the inital installation, and I wanted access to nVidia's inconvienently placed power and reset buttons.

Lastly, should I enable SLI-ready Memory in the BIOS? It says that it is disabled as of now. If there any other tweaks, BIOS or other, utilities, etc. that you can think of to enhance the performance of this killer system, or any issues or problems that you have found with your hardware/software, share!

Thanks! :cool:

Dilemma -> I have money for spending, my two options:

1. Down payment on new car.
2. Ub3r l33t Kentsfield/680i/SLI 8800GTX system.

new car will prob get more poon than a 8800GTX... but u'd be ready for crysis, so who needs women

cwiz said:
new car will prob get more poon than a 8800GTX... but u'd be ready for crysis, so who needs women

Well I already drive an 06 G35 and I am married so I'm not exactly in the market for "poon" ... I think I might just do this. I hate new hardware, I always say "this will be my last computer for at least 2 years" and I find myself selling it 6 months later and building a new computer. :confused:

EDIT: Wow this sucks, for what I want it's $5200. That's quad-core, evga 680i, 2 x evga 8800gtx, 4gb g.skill ddr2-800 4-4-4-12, 2 x 150gb raptors, 4 x 500gb caviars, 2 x dvd burners, x-fi platinum.

Too much for a computer, nevermind.

Wow, that is alot of money. I spent about 1500$ on mine...

Forget about Quad-Core, forget about the raptors?

Dante_Caligari said:
Forget about Quad-Core, forget about the raptors?

Then I might as well just go get two 8800GTX's and stick them in my current computer. I already have an E6600, an SLI board and most of the rest. I want the quad-core.

NosBoost300 said:
eh?? whats in your computer now?

E6600, 2GB G.Skill HZ's, 2 x 74GB Raptor, 3 x 250GB Caviar, 7900gt, Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe, 700w OCZ GameXStream, Lian Li pc-61, 2 x dvd burners, etc... you were asking me, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom