I am at 2.2GHz so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowFox

In Runtime
I have a x2 3800+ and I am eventually gonna get it running at x2 4800+ speeds. My motherboard came with an installation disk. The isntallation disk installed AMD Cool N Quiet. I heard this is nto good to have on if you overclock. I want it off, yet I ran a search for it on my computer and I cannot locate it. Anyone know where it puts it so I can delete it?

Also i know how to boost my GHz, but how do I boost my L2 Cache? And does anyone have a good guide on how to properly use Prim95.

From what i know about processors, I think the Level 2 cache you've got, you're stuck with. I'm pretty sure it's one of those stats you just can't change. Something to do with kinda "on-chip memory" I think.

Check your BIOS for the option to turn off Cool'n'Quiet. Also, you cannot change the L2 cache.

dont be so sure you're going to get it to run at 4800+ speeds. every cpu and configuration is different. take it easy and slow and be careful!

lol, I take stupid risks because I don't knwo hwo to use Prime95, I really should stress test it, but i have no idea how to

SnowFox said:
lol, I take stupid risks because I don't knwo hwo to use Prime95, I really should stress test it, but i have no idea how to

just download and run prime95, goto options>torture test>in-place large TFT's

the longer you run it, the better. but people tend to agree that 8 hours is usually good.

if getting it higher is ur problem, try lowering the multiplier or setting a memory divider, or raising voltage, or overclocking the ram.

someone plz answer one question of mine, to what do most people set their memory divider to? 5:4? or 4:5 or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom