HWMonitor and BIOS reporting totally different temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Im totally confused, if i cold boot my PC, my CPU gets up to and over 60c quite easily. Yet i boot into windows and the ASUS Monitor tool and HWMonitor tell me its around 35 to 40c.

I was just playing GTA4 and forgot to force my GPU out of low speed fan mode, so the gpu got crazy hot and i got multicolored pixels everywhere and froze so i restarted (oops). I go into bios and it's telling me my temp is 82c ! supposedly from playing 15minutes of GTA.

How do i know which is right ?

The cpu temp in the bios is the temp of the sensor mounted to the mobo in the socket, or directly below the cpu. I have the P8P67 Pro and my bios says the cpu temp is 39C while RealTemp tells me (4) individual core temps of 28C. This is normal.

But your temps are high, what are you using as a cpu heatsink?

I dunno what heatsink he has, however he said to me on Steam he's only using the crappy default TIM that the CPU came with, I'm guessing that's not helping :p

I dunno what heatsink he has, however he said to me on Steam he's only using the crappy default TIM that the CPU came with, I'm guessing that's not helping :p

Yeah just the standard cooler. It must be up to the job though. Why would they ship a CPU with a cooler which doesn't cool it properly.

Seems like most systems **** with awful cpu cooling. My system ran at like 60-70 so I got a Hyper N520 from CoolerMaster seemed to do the trick.

Ship. Just testing.

Works fine for me, I'm guessing you put a 't' instead of an 'p' :p

kmanmx, before you go on and use your system, check for us how much grease or thermal paste was applied underneath the heatsink please.
Too little paste or barely any at all will make your cpu rise up and alarm you soon.
If it's too much excess paste, can you clean it off and apply your small small gum size drop of paste ?
I know your in england and don't know what types of thermal paste they may sell or import but look for some tuniq, artic silvers newer paste, or something you know works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom