hw monitor dosent show proper values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
so ive been doing some testing with a few monitoring programs for my crosshair IV motherboard and the only program that correctly monitors my motherboard is pc probe 2 that comes with it. quite annoying cause i like hard ware monitor.

also im upgrading my cpu cause im pretty sure when my old board failed it damaged the cpu, only thing i can think of cause ive replace all the other parts already, o well just means i get my 1090t sooner rather than later. cant wait till i order it only one month to go woot. then bring on the liquid cooling.

any suggestions for parts for a decent loop for 2 gpus cpu and chip set with room to add more later. the 2 gpus will be added later just wanna make sure i have the head room to add em in with out problems .

What seems to be the problem with hardware monitor? Why do you think it's reporting incorrect values?

If you are talking about temperature values then it's most probable.
These programs are ALL going to be slightly off from the real value. The only way to tell for sure would be to use expensive equipment. Hardware monitor is likely using the diode that's located beneath the CPU socket, which is going to be 5c to 10c lower than the actual core temp.

Speaking of Core temps, Coretemp works by reading the core itself, but it's still not perfect. Nothing really is perfect, but they are usually close enough to call it within acceptable margin.

Why do you think your CPU is damaged? I see that you have a Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.0ghz. Did you know that most of the results coming back from these Phenom II x4 chips are showing instability at 4ghz? Most of them only reach around 3.8ghz stable.

I would check into that before you blame the CPU. It's VERY hard to ruin a CPU nowadays. IT's not like it used to be.

A decent loop for liquid cooling? I'm not sure but someone else on Tech Forums surely will have an idea what you should get.

Careful overclocking. I would be willing to put money on that Phenom II x4 955 not being stable at that frequency. What voltage are you running? What temps are these programs reporting?

well first off hw monitor dosent report my voltages correctly at all and i get no fan speed readings at all. temps are spot on no problem there.

im not new to computer building ive been doing it sense i was 15 back in 2000 ( this is the first time ive had any of theses problems i mostly just upgraded pre built s for me and my friends this is my second. complete build from scratch. first was in 2008) , and i know its hard for cpus to get damaged now days, so ill just recount my problems from march till now sorry its a long one.

when i built this computer started out with small problems here and there random bsod audio glitches on start up strange whining noise thru speakers randomly when computer was off and when i tried to use onboard graphics there were artifacts all over the place.

but one night i was playing shin megami tensei with my cpu ocd to 3.8 ghz and my computer just shut down with rapid beeps constantly which is hard ware failure (still havent found what failed) and wouldn't boot back up (temp was fine i monitor temps on my second screen was at 45c cpu and gpu was at 48 with 50% fan)

till i started taking parts out of the tower and putting em back in starting at bare minimum till everything was back in the tower (trying to find out what cause the failure) . and after that night i couldn't get it to run stable at all and i had issues with the ram after that night no matter what i did so i tested all my parts for errors and they checked out so i replace my power supply with a 950 corsair upgraded from a ultra x4 600 suggestion from a few people on the board.

didn't help so then i replaced my mother board and most of the problems went away, besides my ram not working at stated timings. so i rmaed that and bought a back up 2 gb stick to use for the time being and i haven't had problem with the ram any more, but i get small freezing when im trying to load programs and when im doing random small things it will just frezze for a few secs then come back.

so i tried a fresh install on my second hard drive cause i thought it may have been some bad sectors on my main drive.(was a suggestion form some one on here) but nope problems still here didn't go away, so the only thing that hasn't been replaced so far is my cpu and xfx 5770 and i have no problems with the video card. ( i can play games for hours although i get micro freezing here and there)

also im not running at 4 ghz at the moment its on stock settings. everything's at stock setting till i figure out these problems. my sig is the last stable oc i had i only push it up that high when i benchmark, no point in running it that high day to day. this is my home pc and gaming pc

and with my crosshair IV board i get very stable 4ghz ran prime 95 for 6 hours with no problems with new stick of ram but it locks up my cpu if i try to run 4 threads so i have to run 3 instead other wise computer becomes unresponsive even at stock settings. temps at 4 ghz are 40c idle and 55c load at 100 % with a room temp of 72 f

im gonna try to rma the cpu, i already called amd all they need is the serial number off the cpu and should be good to go. my friend wants it when i upgrade my cpu.

sorry for the long post but this problem ive been haveing for a while is stressing me out.

sorry bout my bad grammar never was really good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom