hsf's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I'm after a hsf which will do both AMD Socket A and 64/FX. I want a really decent one, any brand will do. Just give me some options and that should be great!

Thanks.

Harper said:
It's not a heat sink, however it's a worthwhile mod to go along with your HSF.
http://www.pcphile.com/new_start/e_ds-80.htm

Yeah I've had a look at that before, I know you've got it on one of your case mods, is it any good and really worth it? Would I be able to mount the exhaust on the 120mm grill at the rear of my case? Looks like a good concept though, would be fairly spacey though. AS my case isnt as tall as that massive tower mod you did. :p

My experience with them as been that it reduced the temp of the CPU down by 10c as I blowing air from outside my PC onto the CPU HSF.

The problem that you might have is that you you are going from a 120mm fan down to a 80mm pipe. You would need to purchase a 120mm to 80mm fan amp. Again, you can get them from JAYCAR for about $5.
And from there, you are going to need to put the ducting mod on there.

There is a good chance that it will be a rather fit. You might need to remove the rear 120mm fan and use your PSU's fan to blow out the case air.

It looks like there's too many intake fans set up. The PSU would just be DUMPING hot air the whole time... I dunno, I'm skeptical. I don't have much doubt about it lowering the CPU fan, but the rest of the machine... eh?

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
It looks like there's too many intake fans set up. The PSU would just be DUMPING hot air the whole time... I dunno, I'm skeptical. I don't have much doubt about it lowering the CPU fan, but the rest of the machine... eh?

Ryan
What they have on the site it only an example. I have my ducting mod with only 1 fan. That fan is the one that came with my HSF.

As for the rest of the case temp, I found that it has not done much to affect that. However you since your back case fan is now an intake, you would be wanting to use your PSU fan, or some other case fan for an outtake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom