how's this setup? i'm new =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuBBaCrXSiRT

Beta member
what's goin on peoples...i'm new to this building stuff but a friend of mine built a computer for me....i'm gonna use this for a lot of music editing and play some games here and there along with photoshop and what not...please give me your thoughts and comments..thanks!

Intel P4 2.6GHz w/800MHz Frontside Bus w/built in LAN-ethernet
Asus motherboard w/support up to 3.2GB of DDR RAM
Crucial 512MB (2 -total of 1GB) DDR RAM
Lite-On DVDRW/CDRW black
Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM harddrive
SoundBlaster Live! soundcard
GeForce4 MX440 8X AGP video card
56k v.92 modem (dial up modem)
Foxcomm black supercase w/400W powersupply
SmartFan II w/coolmod (for the case)

I'm still thinking of adding another CDRW drive and another harddrive to go along with it....maybe upgrade a little more on some stuff, not really sure yet... =P

Not bad, but the video card & sound card are a bit weak.

GeForce MX series of cards have very bad performance (Ti series is better) and the SoundBlaster Live isn't that great of a card. (I went from SB Live 5.1-->Turtle Beach Santa Cruz-->Audigy 2 Platnum)

Other than that, the system looks cool :)

cool...thanks, and yes i do plan on changing the video and sound card, it also seemed a bit weak for me...i was planning on getting these

video card - BFG Technologies Asylum GeForce FX 5900 128MB DDR AGP Graphics Card

sound card - almost like yours, creative audigy 2

i'm also going to add another drive, 52X CDRW...so yeah

anybody have feedback on any of those items? thanks for everything!

Yup, the GF FX 5900 is awesome (as is a RADEON 9700 Pro, 9800 Pro, and XT)

The Audigy 2 line is by far the best sound card available ;)

Since u are gonna do music, perhaps the audigy 2 nx and gpu has gotta be a radeon 9600/800 pro. Other than that it would be interesting to know what the board model is, altho it is an asus so thats all good. and also how much u coughed up, but id imagine it was just parts and free labour right? if so u got ur self a fairly potent pc without any of the crap that comes with OEM's

Damn i HATE OEM's they are teh suck.

FX

The Geforce FX 5900 is a high end video card IMO but it can not compete with ATI in the department of gamming or overall visual quality. When you turn up the AF and FSAA the nvidia cards do not hold nearly as well as ATI. If you are looking at high end video cards I would recommend going with the Radeon 9800 Pro, its only around 50 dollars more and its a much superior card that will give you very strong visual performance for any type of application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom