How will this Computer be for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia fan boy said:
hmm i bet my computer will pwn it.

definetly..it was faced off against a 4000+ at stock...and it just barely won. i think it had like a 10fps gain in doom3 and tied in many CPU benches like sandra or w/e. lost against FX on another test.

Nvidia fan boy said:
Lol plus have you looked at what im packing? Im deff not running stock plus my cpu runs at 42 degress.

waht cooling u have? i got mine to 28C with room fan:) lol...only for a few mins though. usually around 38C.

In reference to the 128 mb 9800 pro running faster than a 256 mb 9800 pro. This is true because the memory released on 256 9800 pro is generally slower. Not sure on the specifics, but I've read countless reviews on it.

marlfox said:
In reference to the 128 mb 9800 pro running faster than a 256 mb 9800 pro. This is true because the memory released on 256 9800 pro is generally slower. Not sure on the specifics, but I've read countless reviews on it.

you mean the chips they use get less bandwidth or sumthin'? i would imagine so, they skimp on quality ram chips to provide 2X the physical ram...i'd rather go with 128mb as i dont game much and am still using a 64mb 128bit card:) lol

Yea thats what happened w/ the old 5600 ultras and 5800 ultras. the ram had slower clock speeds and the chip werent that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom