How will this comp do in a few months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty2k1

Solid State Member
Hey,

Probly going to build a computer with graduation money this year, do you think all these items will still be a good choice in a few months?

Cooler Master Wave Master Black MID-TOWER CASE

MSI "K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU

MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express

Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W with Black housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply

AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Socket 939 Processor
(Winchester Core)

Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

SONY Black 52x32x52 Internal IDE CD-RW Drive

M-AUDIO PCI Sound Card w/ MIDI and Digital I/O, Model "Audiophile 2496"

ZALMAN Copper CPU Cooler for Socket 775/478/754/939/940

Hard Drive is already taken care of (120 gig WD 8MB Buff.)

Comes out to about $1,200.

Will this overclock pretty well? Will all of these still be a good buy in a few months?

nice setup but i'd make a couple of changes if it were me. first id change the ram, sure its corsair but the timings are crap id go for the geil value as it has better timings and most people get good ocing results with it. the second change i would make would be to get a 3200 as they will easily oc to 3500 and if my experience is anything to go by then 3800 is a stock vcore oc. nice setup though :)

lol and about your actual question yea it will still be a good system i a couple of months i would think as the major grfx increese in games has already happened (hl2 and doom3) i wouldn' t think change like that will happen in the next few months

If you can afford the 3500, then get it. Sure you can OC the 3200 to 3500 speeds, but starting off at 3500 speeds works better. I would get a different type of video card. The eVGA 6600 GT is by far the best. I would go with different RAM, if you have any kind of OC ideas in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom