How to underclock my RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomicidalWookie

Baseband Member
Ok so I put in 2x512mb of corsair valueselect at CL2.5, in addition to my 2x512mb of Samsung at CL3, and I have been getting random restarts when playing games. I couldn't figure out what my problem was until I downloaded everest and it told me that my timings are 2.5, not good news for my slower CL3 memory. So I went into my BIOS thinking it wouldn't be a big deal to fix, however I don't see any option for memory settings in there. My board is an Intel 915GAG if anybody knows anything about the settings of which I speak.

hmmm dont know about your board but on mine go to mem setting manual settings then change your timings... to what ever!

As far as I know Intel made boards dont support overclocking at all. They are locked just like a pre-built computer or a laptop. If the ram is your issue though, it could just be a bad stick and testing each stick with a program called memtest86 for a couple hours each or until you get errors will tell you which stick of ram is bad. Also the bios should set the ram to the specs of the slower ram and/or the ram with the higher latences. So right now you have 4x 512mb of ram running at pc3200 (ddr400) but all sticks are at cl3. Maybe the motherboard trying to run dual channel (if its even supported) is causing issues. I dont know. If its not bad ram, I dont know what it is. I had random restarts from a bad motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom