how to remove rivets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^thanks hefe.

anther question... i'm going to be painting the inside of my case on saturday... if i use self etching primer do i still have to sand everything down? or no?

When I'm removing rivets I just use a small drill bit that's as close to the size of the hole as possible and just drill right through it.

Works fairly well...

sorry. I have to ask.... which school or university or office was this desktop computer stolen from?

I get this question about 2 times each here at my work.

Your schools use rivets to keep computer cases secured?

That would be **** from a technical service standpoint.... We used to have to fix computers fairly often at my high school and having to deal with rivets would have been insane.

Generally we just used padlocks on the expensive ones and didn't much give a turd about the P-3's and the like.

1) Drill the center out as alreay said, I have seen drill bit's marketed specificly for this.
2) Yes it's always a good idea to sand.

a Green 3M pad works great for prep work, to give the paint a bit of a tooth to bite to. Even a good replacement for many different grits of sand paper. Etching primer is meant for bare metal, but still a great product.. -I've done a LOT of painting in my day.

If you want a high gloss shine, or even a flawless paint job, wet sand with 1000-1500gt between coats. Even between primer coats. Sanding is a VERY important step for a good paint job. Clear coat would mainly be used for a high gloss shine after the base coat is down and cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom