How to overclock my phenom II

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right I'm doing a stress test on prime95 now, (i think) at stock just to see my temps. Does this test end or does it keep going? I remember I did a stress test in the past and it never ended. Also, earlier it said my voltage was 1.125, now it's 1.25 in coretemp, and 1.232 in cpu-z. Is it like on auto or something, do I need to put it on manual?

edit: Got to test 10 then turned it off. From about test 6 got to 40C and then never went above 41C by test 10.

So I tried a 1.4V 17.0 multiplier to make 3.4ghz. Idled at like 45C stress test ran at about 65C reaching 69C at one point.. way too hot I assume. Any way I can speed up my cpu fan? Might just have to settle at about 3.2ghz for now. At a 3.2 OC what voltage would be good?

I did disable cool n quiet or w/e by the way.

You could try 1.325v for 3.2ghz. You must not have great airflow in your case if it's getting that hot at 3.4ghz...I would do some wire management. What case do you have, and do you have fans in it?

I actually posted my case in the "post wire management" thread. It is either on the last or 2nd to last page. I have the Rosewill Conqueror, came with 2 120mm fans in the front, 1 in the back. Then I've got the 750 tx which has the fan right about my cpu, which I thought might help cool a little bit. I have room to add one more 80,90, or 120 mm fan on the side panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom