how to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlege

Baseband Member
alright im getting ready to buy a opertron and i wanted to know before i got too deep.... how to overclock.... my system so far is a

Asus A8N-sli 939
3200+ soon to be replaced by a opertron 165 170
6800gs nvidia
2gig ocz 3200 timing 2 3 2 5
500 w ultra powersupply

ive heard about memory dividers? adjusting the voltage and such and i wanted some things cleared up and what i should look for before i screw something up...... i do have systool but im not quite sure i want to mess with that ide rather do it through the bios.

I've been wondering that same thing. What do you do with the memory timings.

Keep them at stock, then once your overclock becomes unstable loosen teh timings, 2.5-3-3-5 then 3-3-3-5 or you could just run a mem divider and never touch your timings :)

thanks i got around 300 mhz with just one notch above 1.4v and loosening my timings to 2.5-3-3-5 not too bad now ill just look over my temps

depending on the memory chips you may be able to use voltage to stabilise rather than loosening the timings but most ram doesn't like it. i think its mainly the winbond BH and CH die chips that overclock well with voltage. just to echo pzero never loosen timings unless the overclock is unstable, even then i would give memtest a few runs because sometimes it may stabilise after a few passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom