How to OC Q6600 to 3ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
right ok FSB is at 333 and it the computer seems fine, in system properties it now says:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.4GHZ 3.00GHZ

not sure why it says both lol.

So how do I check temps as such now, I know you posted some stress tests to use, are they compatible with vista 64-bit? I know I tried rivatuner a while back and I kept getting errors on vista-64.

right ok thanks, i assume they work on vista 64...

lol i was naughty and didn't do one of those stability tests before gaming, on SupCom atm.

Ok got coretemp... its saying im at 2ghz...

apparently im 333x6...?

I haven't changed the multiplier and i thought it was 9, how else could it be 266x9 which equals 2.4ghz which is stock settings.

Apart from that oddity its reading them now, which i suppose is Idle since im at desktop, all are between 31-33degrees C. and reading between 0-8% load.

You still have speed stepping on. 6x is the low multiplier, as you know, and when youre idle it dumps down.

Idle temps are good, but run the stress and check temps in coretemp.

I now it changes the speed to save power but so I assume the computer does realise when your doing an intensive process like gaming and changes that multiplier up to x9 for you?

Sorry I don't know much about this I've only had a few months of knowing anything at all about computers.:eek:

alright then i'll download that Intel burn test tomorrow and give it a go, how many hours do i leave it for running and also i assume i should leave my computer alone during that time?

Typically yes DELETE get's you to the bios but looks from what you said F1 get's you to the bios, which is where you need to be to set OC stuff

intel burn test only takes about 5 minutes.. and will stress your cpu to points orthos and all them can't take it to.. which is why i love it!!!

intel burn test took my cpu to temps no other program could make it reach

and peter.. 5 passes is maximum... do 5 passes 2 or 3 times i suppose

and hey, to see your real clock.. check cpuz and core temp while running intel burn test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom