How to OC Q6600 to 3ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hit delete multiple times to make sure u get it

if it's a prebuilt, things wil be different... but since you know what mobo you have it sounds like its custom built.

nope isn't pre-built, i'll try pressing delete again once i'm in that menu or F8 or something tomorrow.:happy:

ok again with my stupidity..

Can anyone tell me were the section is to change FSB from like 266 to 33 and such?

I went in the BIOS and found this kinda thing:

First there was the Main page with other tabs to look at:

Main, AI tweaker, Advanced, Power, Boot, tools

so i went on advanced and found this:

CPU configuration

went on it and found this:

Configure advanced CPU settings:

Intel
Frequency: 2.4ghz
FSB speed: 1066Mhz
Cache L1: 128k
Cache L2: 8192k
Ratio status: Unlocked
Actual Ratio: 9
CPUID: 6FB

all that was grayed out so i couldn't change it, underneath was:

CPU ratio setting=Auto( if i changed it i got 6,7,8,9 etc but its on 9 already as above)

C1E support=Enabled
MAX CPUID value= Disabled
Intel virtualization tech= Enabled
CPU TM function= Enabled
Execute disable bit(or something like that)= enabled
intel speedstep tech= Disabled

am i even in the right place here? :p

again the mobo is an Asus P5q pro if that's helpful.

i decline your dare as i did not google it, oh the travesty.:p

Did you google Ocing a Q6600 or Ocing on a P5Q Pro? Either way away i go!

But anyway maybe some people here are happy with noobs asking them stuff, i like helping with obvious questions.:happy:

right ok i get it now.:eek:

One thing before i do it, i'll try changing FSB to 333 to make it 3ghz, if it doesn't work does the computer go back to the default or what? Is their a safety thing in it's design in case it crashes when i change the FSB?

there is on most bords where it resets its self (or atleast mine dose) if its a bit over the top but there is also a different way of doing it i think its to remove something off the mobo then put it back on <---- dont quote me on that though

ok last question before I have a go. Do i change the FSB to 333 straight away and that's all I change? I got a Q6600 before the "bad batch" apparently so I was told that's you need to do and the voltage can be left the same but i thought I'd ask before I go and screw this up.:p

First check your Vid.. it's in Coretemp. Then change the Vcore to 1 notch above the Vid. The Vcore will probably on auto.

Yes, then change the fsb to 333.

You'll need to stress it with prime, or occt or intelburn test. If it fails, bump the Vcore abit more. repeat till stable.

If it gets locked, and you can't boot to bios, you'll need to clear he cmos, by pulling batter and switch the clear jumpers.. usually near the power/reset header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom