How to OC my Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I just got my new ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card (128MB) :p , and I've done some comparison by taking snapshots of FarCry, in Low setting, and High setting...so far I am seeing a lot of differenece, from my old HIS Excalibur Radeon 9000 (128MB) card. First off, can u guys tell me what's AA, and AF?? I've seen people talking about enabling it or disabling...second, can I run a benchmarking progrem to show me how good is my new card from my old card? If so, which should I choose? And finally, I've heard alot of people overcloaking the Radeon 9800 Pro...should I do this? Is it gonna help that much? Tell me how to do it, and what extra fans or/and ram sinks should I get, and if I should even try to overcloak at all...? I know it's a lot of questions, but please help me out here...I can still return my Radeon 9800 Pro if it turns out not so good...Thanks Guys, any help will be appreciated!:D

AA Anti-Aliasing. removes the jagged lines from graphics.
AF Anisotropic Filtering. Improves graphics on close-up objects such as walls etc (texture)
Both of these are CPU demanding and will lower your frame rate drastically if set too high. It is better if you let your AA and AF control to the game control panel (game preference) instead of forcing them in the control panel.
As for benchmark tools, you can download 3dmark (do a google search)
O'C your card is fairly easy and there are some programs which will allow you to do it easily (I use ATITOOL and RADCLOCKER, again google search for them).
As to how to overclock, do a thread search as this has been posted numerous times.

This should give you a nice scale for the quality of card you have just bought compared to your previous card.

image005.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom