How Was This Oc Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a lot better to use the bios.
Yeah, if you are looking to create a 24/7 OC, of course BIOS is better, but for people doing this type of OC, they use clockgen all the time. It is just way more practicle for this type of OC'ing. I see a lot of 'high horse' comments about windows overclocking programs. They have there place.

plus that was CPU-Z or something which I don't think will show you your speed until after you've reopened it
The voltage thing does seem wierd, but CPU-z will adjust as you up the FSB with something like clockgen. Each time you hit 'apply' or whatever it is in clockgen, CPU-z adjusts to the new CPU and FSB speed in real time.

There are cases like where fugger got 7GHz but was only in the BIOS, but liquid nitrogen is fine.
Old news :p Some Japanese guy got alomst 7.5Ghz SUPER_PI STABLE! :D

http://premium1.uploadit.org/fredyama//New-WR-P4-670-7.4735G-modPI-1M-17.625s-by-duck.gif

well I was just making the point of people getting acknowledged for records not necessarily being stable in windows although that generally isn't acknowleged. But it also helps that he's really famous in the OC'ing world as it is :p That's a pretty crazy OC though, on a prescott no less

Very interesting thread. I had no idea people were getting up to 7.5 GHz out of P4s and 4 GHz out of an FX-55!! Wow.

Neat video!

WOW, great i have a fx-55 to toy with, i can get just about anything, but i am still learning to overclock, i have a hard time pulling info from written guides, I NEED PHOTOS, lol. so maybe sometime i will get mine to 4 Ghz. WISH ME luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom