How to keep your cables tidy inside your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of things that I am thinking about doing is getting a set of multicolour electrians tape, And I am going to use that to tidy up the molex connections.

Like your typical "RAINBOW PACK" comes with variety of colours.

Tro1086 said:
Well if your looking for something you can undo and reuse a lot you could just use the twist ties that come on lots of stuff. Like if you buy a new mouse it comes with twist ties bundeling the mouse cord or like new speakers come with twist ties bundeling all the speaker wire. Practicly anything you buy comes with twist ties! Or you could even just buy some twist ties, hahaha.

Careful when buying twist ties! Some have a metal core which is what allows it to be a twist tie, and this may cause damage to your rig. Though, i've had no experiance with stated event, it gives you something to think about.

The other problem with twist ties is that I have seem the metal core of those things come out so many times. And with metal core can be quite sharp that it might start cutting into your cabling.

ahh the metal core is never that sharp, its just a thin metal wire. I agree it could be dangerous bundeling wires with a metal twist tie haha, but if all your wires are in good shape there shouldnt be any problem. Some things you buy come with 'cheap' twist ties with only like a paper covering over the metal core but the ones im talking about are the good kind that come with a a nice thicker plastic coating. The paper coated ones do wear out quick but the nice plastic coated ones are actually pretty nice little... things. And they use twist ties to bundle wires ALL THE TIME almost anything you buy that comes with a cord or a wire has a twist tie with a metal core bundeling the wire together... So i dont think they could cause any damage unless you just did something stupid.

Zip ties could actually be more dangerous then twist ties in a way cuz zip ties can end up squeezing too hard and crush the wires and damage the sleve of the wire and end up expozing it. But that would usually only happen if you zip tied it too tight to the frame or something and it crushed a wire into the frame and went thru the wire sleve. I gues that probably wouldnt happen to often thou but hey!

Those velcro straps that you posted are too big for wiring inside your case in my opinion, there more for organizing the big heavy duty wires outside your case. There just not made for bundeling small wires like fan wiring and temp sensor wiring if you ask me. They end up adding more bulk instead of tiding up your wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom