How hot is too hot for a GT560?

steve10765

Daemon Poster
How hot is too hot for an MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC?
I Know the regular card has a maximum operating temperature of 99C , but I have looked before and couldn't find what the max temps for my GPU is. does anybody know or can someone find it for me?

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-Twin-Frozr-II-OC.html#?div=Overview

its a better than average graphics card heat wise, it has special capacitors and has special heatpipes etc. It says 70C under full load, what is around what i get give or take 3C. Anyway I was bored and decided to OC my CPU again just because I could, and I had also changed my RAM to the proper timings.
Here is what I am doing right now, well for about the past 45 min that I have been on my PC.

Capture4.jpg

99c is thermal limit for all GTX 560 cores regardless of brand or model. I would use GPU-Z to monitor your temps as it is built specifically for GPUs. 70c seems about right if you are OCd.

HWmonitor monitors all your Hardware temps...
yeah I have that also.
ANYWAY I was OCing my NB speed to 2600MHZ and it worked fine till I tried to start up my PC the next day, no post :( had to remove the graphic card and take out the battery and move the jumper... O well I am fine with the 2400MHZ speed that is overclocked in my normal profile, AMD said I should put it like that to work with my 1600MHZ DDR3 RAM

Back
Top Bottom