How hot is too hot? (E6300)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i've been hearing this misconception too long as well... i found that same info on wikipedia

allendales will be released later on with lower FSB and a actual physical 2mb cache instead of crippled 4mb

Allendale
An E4300 Allendale (1.8 GHz, 800 MT/s FSB) will be released in the 1st quarter of 2007.

I would suggest better cooling, that temp is not too high, but it can be lower, I think over 60c is considered dangerous. From what I've heard, the stock cooler should be able to get you a better temp then what your getting though.

I have my e6300 oc'd to 2.8, using a Zalman 9500 and it idles at 24c.

wow 24c....i most have done something wrong on my e6600. my idle is 39c and load is usually 52c...when im playing a SC beta game :p
and could the e6300's actual 4mb cache be enabled if it really has a physicall 4mb cache?
hoax, i would get an aftermarket hsf and some artic silver 5...then oc it in small inquirements until it reachs like 1.3 vcore(i think thats the recommended limit on a e6300 on air).

Mjmitch2 said:
I have my e6300 oc'd to 2.8, using a Zalman 9500 and it idles at 24c.

I forgot to mention that my PC sits in a corner of my room that is a little drafty, so that helps.;) :p

SHAWN said:
Intel sucks with heat. Pentium D 930 runs at 60-70C idle.

That may be true that Pentium D's run hot, but actually the conroes do quite well with heat. Stock cooling i got my e6400 around 32C with a 2.6 OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom