How Hard would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
ok, i have a Black ugly looking tower. and i have a AMD 2600+ on this comp with 512mb the comp is perfectly fine i just hate my tower i was wondering how hard it would be to transfer my Motherboard to another case that i want to buy? i didn't build this computer my Grandpa did. and i live far from him so i cant get him to help me but, i have alot of connection cables in my computer if i took them off to transfer my Mobo to other case. i wouldn't know where the Connectors go to get everything workin again. but what im asking is exactly how hard is it to transfer mobo from one case to another? i just dont want to transfer it then the computer won't work heh. ive never ever built a computer myself. Any help would be cool. Thanks!

btw here is the case i want to get.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-144-089&DEPA=1

well you know how to plug in your hard drives and cd-rom drives don't you? And power all your drives? The only thing you need to know mainly when transferring is how to plug in the small things like the power button, reset button, HD and power LED's. Stuff like that, which you'd more than likely need the motherboard manual to find out what jumpers go where. You could always just study your board in the case as it is right now and record where everything is plugged in.

Don't forget to put the metal studs in the holes in the case before you lay down the motherboard and screw it in otherwise you'll ground it out

To transfer everything from any case to another case, it would involve lots of contact with all components. I would recommend grounding yourself before touching anything in your computer. After that, it wouldn't take probably any more than 30 minutes to transfer everything you've got.

-Dan The Man

Yes, that discharges any static that is in your fingers or hands so that it does not discharge to the components and fry them.

-Dan The Man

static and ide cables around the right way would be probly the hardest things. Also the front panel (led's and reset and on switches) cound be tricky but as long as you check up on your manufacturers site you should be fine. One rule of thumb, your mobo's manual is your best friend when your putting a mobo into a new case.

I recommend wearing rubber gloves. I also recommend you clean everything when your taking it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom