How good is an AMD athlon xp 3200+ cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Just wondering if this processor is any good because my friend's family bought an Hp system with this processor. Clock speed is 2.2 ghz

zipzoomfly is a good place. Way better than tiger direct. Also newegg has it.

Much cheaper to get a 2400-2600+ XP-Mobile though because they all can OC atleast to 3200+ speeds and generally beyond. Never seen an XP-M that hasn't.
I have the 35w 2400+ XP-M and can get 2.7GHz completely stable, but I run it at 2.5GHz for 24/7 use

Buying a 2600 would work great. If your going to OC it. Those processor OC very well. With a moderate cooling system, you can jump around 500mhz. But, if your not going to OC the XP's, then i wouldent take it too serious about getting one. But of course, it all depends on what your computer will be used for.

If you seek striaght speed, along with gaming. Then a AMD64 would be ideal. Above all, i suggest getting a mid-range price processor, then OC it. You can spend around 100$ for a coolng system. New heatsink/cpu fan, few 120mm fans.

Depending on the material , you can drop your temps around
30-20 degrees celcius. That leaves alot of room for OC.

I agree with Nubius, get the 2400+, 2600+ Mobile Barton. Just put the bus to 400, and then just increase multiplier and test it with Prime or something like that to see if its stable.

I had the 3200+ Xp and it was pretty good actually. Ran my 6800GT pretty fine id say, just dont expect 64bit framerates though lol. But yeah its pretty good if your not looking to oc and want a good all round cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom