How to flash video card BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAT-9

Baseband Member
i wanted to try update my GPU BIOS, i might have a slight idea what to do but not completely sure. there are 2 files and a readme. i know thaty i have to put the 2 files in a floopy or something but not sure what to do after that :confused: .

any help would be appreciated :)
thanks

You have to format the floppy drive so you can boot off of it. You have to put your new bios on there with a name like NEW1. something I forget. You put a flash utility on there too, boot from the floppy type a bunch of things according to your flash program. //flash -f -g NEW1. something. Then you wait a few seconds and :classic: done :) Hopefully.

Stick your floppy disk in, go to my computer. Click on it, say format with MS-DOS. Then put NVFlash (latest version) on the floppy also, then your bios. Boot off the floppy and type in nvflash -4 -5 -6 (bios name).rom. Hit y and your good to go.

Make sure to back up your current bios though.

i know this may be off topic, but what happens (since i've never done it) if the BIOS update fails? Is there a way of fixing it

COD2_fanatic said:
i know this may be off topic, but what happens (since i've never done it) if the BIOS update fails? Is there a way of fixing it

You shoud always make a backup of yuor old bios on a different floppy drive, so if it does fail you can always revert back to the old ones.

If your updating there should be directions comign with the update :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom