How Far Can I OC My 3000+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter-Strike said:
I know how to OC, very well actually, it's just that with adequate cooling, say thermal paste and stock HSF, couldn't I get it to at least 2.6 or higher?
If your that good, just find out yourself. Honestly, not trying to be an ass or anything, but each chip is different, so start playing with it and you'll find your max way better than anyone here can tell you.

Nubius said:
Depends on the week....the newer ones aren't getting past 2.6 but week17's and earlier are hitting 2.8 and 2.9GHz like theres no tomorrow, this being on air solutions.

I wouldn't go very far with stock cooling though...get a Zalman cooler or something THEN start OC'ing it...you should have recorded your week and stepping that's written on the CPU though, so then I coulda lead you to xtremesystem were you could compare your CPU to others.

hey nubius what are good steppings? and which numbers are the ones that dictate the week and which the grade? just an example would be great.

anyway on the topic i think that 2.4-5ghz should be doable on a venice unless u got a dud core ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom