How exactly do you Case Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
I have an old case and I was thinking of reusing it isntead of buying a new computer case, so yeah. I wanted to add those temperature gauges and maybe some more fans to keep my thing cool, so how exactly would I install those?

If I can't use more fans, then what else can I use?

Erm bit of a general question.......................

you can add gauges and controllers to external drive bays or you can implant them into the case but I think that is a bit technical if it is your first mod

For a fan you cut a hole in the side the right size so and 80mm or slightly smaller hole for a 80mm fan then just buy the fans and cheat LIke I do y using the fan as a template for the screw holes watch out for the edges of the metal panel though as they are as sharp as a razor blade so you will either want moulding or a fan cover. For tools you can use anything that cuts metal so jigsaw, drills and files anything the tool of choice for a modder is generally a dremel though which is a small rotary multi purpose tool for cutting polishing filing......

Can you take some pics of your case and a brief description of what components you will use

well you can use all sorts of tools to cut a fan hole:

CAM
rotary cutter on a drill
Dremel with cutter bit
jigsaw
router
hacksaw (lol if you have no life and don't mind spending three days per fan hole)
nibbler
power nibbler
welder and hammer
a drill (just keep making lots of holes around the edge of the circle)

The fastest method and most accurate is a rotary cutter on a drill but if your case is steel then you will want a pillar drill that can go to really low RPM to gt that perfect hole which obviously means access to a well equipped workshop

Is a hole saw a rotary cutter on a drill??? The item I am thinking of is like a circular saw except shaped like a bowl and you use a drill bit in the centre for accuracy and just drill straight down

Is a hole saw a rotary cutter on a drill??? The item I am thinking of is like a circular saw except shaped like a bowl and you use a drill bit in the centre for accuracy and just drill straight down

Yeah, that's a hole saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom