How do you over clock Alien Ware m17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickHardy

Beta member
I have an alien ware m17 the new one, I currently have a Intel® Core™2 P8600 2.4GHz (3MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB) and I am trying to figure out if I can safely over clock it with out having to worry about any thing messing up, if so how far could I overclock it, mostly how to do it. I also have Dual 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870 - CrossFireX what can I exactly over clock on it? How much am I able to with out worrying as well of messing anything up or geperdizing? Basically how can I over clock these and whats my safe limit.

I am a nOOb at this stuff but I would appreciate if some one can bestow their wisdom upon me, and be a great teacher.

-Patrick

Actually, theres many laptops that can be oc'd....some even have a button on them for an instant 200mhz oc, like the Asus G50V.

Actually, theres many laptops that can be oc'd....some even have a button on them for an instant 200mhz oc, like the Asus G50V.

I wouldn't say many...

At best you have ones that clock down, but can be clocked up to original speeds which in all likelihood is what the asus one does.

I wouldn't say many...

At best you have ones that clock down, but can be clocked up to original speeds which in all likelihood is what the asus one does.

i was reading something somewhere about those turbo buttens you get on the old computers any they said that id dosent actuly speed it up it slows it down. is this true or was i day deaming again:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom