how do i overclock a vid card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
just curious as to how to overclock a vid card. I have an ATI 9200 128mb (which I saw read some else didn't have much luck overclocking) I know how to overclock the cpu, but the vid card....?

I know, it didn't even have a fan on the heat sink so I added one myself. the fan was rated at 7.5 cfps blow rate. I don't know if that is going to make a bit of differnce but it sure as hell can't hurt.

the only thing that helps with performance on a 9200, is overclocking the memory. but my memory gets really hot, so i suggest getting to bga ram sinks til you decide to upgrade to a better card

Soloman02: how did you overclock your 9200, with the ATITool app.?

This is the best score that I can get with the vid setup I have....sad isn't it?

3dmark2001_score.jpg

i used ati tool, since the memory sucks so much, i clocked it to 180 ( def was 166 on my card) the memory i have is not ment for overclocking, if i had some bga ram sinks, i might be able to go farther, but i don't. i used 3dmark03 and got 1113( or something close to it) after overclocking. also, you have to download a special driver for a 9200 for ati tool.

yeah, there called the omega drivers, which I did. default for my mem was 200 and default for core was like 249. when I messed with it a little I got some instant major screen trash that just kept getting worse to the point where I wasn't able to readjust what I adjusted and had to manually restart (the whole time praying it wasn't gonna be like that after restart). All was well but I am not gonna mess with that ati tool again. Least not until I know what I'm doing exactly.

Well, if you only got a 2dmark score of over 1100 then I should be pleased with the one I have, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom