how do i overclock processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks alot..downloaded real temp..and EEK, at 55% load it's running at 96 C!!! isnt that bad lol

now im freaking out..how can i get it to cool down using stock cooling? ahhhh

Don't use RealTemp with Intel processors. It doesn't monitor correctly. Use Hardware Monitor or Core Temp like apsoul suggested.

ok i got core temp, at 1.2500V it's running around 64 C at idle and at full load it's still running high 90s and peaks at 100...is it time to get an aftermarket heatsink?

Did you install the heatsink yourself? And if you did, did you use your own thermal paste or just put the heatsink on as it was?

That's way too hot. He said the person that built it for him installed it. You need to buy some thermal paste if you don't have any and reseat the heatsink. Also take out that temperature thing you were talking about as it could be causing some issues. It's useless.

Ah okay didn't see thanks Nubb. Take the sensor out and then you'll have to apply thermal paste yourself. What's your room temp at?

the people at Mwave.com installed the CPU and the stock heatsink..and they did put in the thermal paste because i saw it when i lifted the heatsink.

my room is pretty hot, i have a fan blowing on me all day and night. the computer is down low. I have an HDTV that i use for a monitor and it creates a lot of heat

im gonna take out the temp gauge sensor tomorrow and reapply the thermal paste to see how that handles it..if im still having issues i'll see about getting an aftermarket heatsink

Make sure to clean old paste off before applying the new paste. I'm not 100% on this, but i think rubbing alcohol works, not sure of what kind of rag/towel to use though. Also, I'm rather certain that if you remove a heatsink, that you should always reapply new paste (even if its not necessary its probably a good habit to get into, better safe than sorry)

ok, i ended up buying a heatsink from frys, the Xigmatek dark knight. I cleaned off the old thermal pastewith a cleaner i bought at frys, I applied new thermal paste. after i installed it i took it for a test ride..the computer has been running for 1 1/2 hours and OMG sooo much better... at full load it's running 45-50 C!!! that is much better than 95-100 good lord LOL.

For the side fan situation i simply inverted the plexi glass so the fan is on the bottom now...it works out, i get a little bit extra cooling for my video card, and i have about 3/4 inch clearance from the heatsink to the side window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom