How do i overclock my E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
I have an ultra 120 so cooling wont be a problem but im having problems overclocking it, step by step what do i do.
i need to know exatly everything to change and what to change to hit 4.2 GHz
I have pc2-8500 ram i think
i want it to be stable but i have no idea what to do please help.

change the FSB. Check stability. Not stable? Bump up voltage by .010 Check for stability again. Keep doing it till your at 4.2 and change your ram divider to underclock. Goodluck and research some more.

thanks for keeping it simple, but the problem is i can get to 400 x 9 without adding any voltage increases (is at 1.360) but if i go passed 420 x 9 under maximus bios the voltages to chose from go from like 1.34 to 1.47 to 1.5, how do i increase by 0.10

set the vcore to your own voltage. dont do auto. on stock mine is at 1.16. I got to 4.5 on 1.46vcore. then you can set your own vcore.

And that way is too slow for some. another way is just set the fsb at the desired speed, and then change the voltage, and see if it is stable. then bump up depending on how unstable it is.
For instance, in one run it woudlnt boot, so I bumped it up alot, then it would only make it through half a boot, so I bumped it up equally more. then it almost made it, so small steps from there.

Yea, I usually bump up .020 if it's unstable. I also don't do 5mhz increments either cause I don't have any patience. I started to oc my e2180 again and got to 3.34 so far on 1.47, which I couldnt get stable before. Weird

thats not working too well i cant do it, when i think i got the voltages write i can start my computer (as in the fans turn on) but my moniter deosnt show aything. and this is after i got the BSOD and switched the voltage up, i ned some in depth descriptions or someone with my same setup and tell me somne things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom