How do I overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im at the fan tab and have read everything up untill the third pic.

its 2 9800 gts and I have intel core duo cpu at 3.0ghz vista 32 bit 4 gigs ddr2 ram

to the right in the drop down menu choose direct control then you should be able to move the top slider left and right adjusting the fan speed. Set to like 70% or whatever is tolerable to you. You can also click on Apply settings at windows start if you'd like your fan to start at that speed. Make sure to hit apply

lol. Okay click on overclock tab again. You can start by raising the core clock 10 mhz and check for stability. I'm too lazy to wait so I just bump it up 50mhz. Then go game and see if it freezes or if there is any abnormalities. Just keep repeating the steps while keeping an eye on temps. Do this w/ the memory clock too. Start to work in 5-10 mhz increments when you get high clocks.

nope. Overclocking takes time to test it out so have some patience and keep raising. I don't care for gaming so I use 3dmark06 to test my stability, but since you game just pick your favorite game and play for alittle bit and go back and raise the clocks again. Just make sure you keep an eye on the temps of your cards. If they get hot go raise the fan setting again. Once you find a spot thats not stable, back down 5-10 mhz. If you find the noise unbearable then leave it where you find it comfortable and try to find the max overclock for that fan setting. Good luck and let me know how it goes

of what slider theirs 3 under over clocking

and what exactly constitutes a stable system and how do I check card temps and oh whats a safe card temp :D sorry for all the questions lol

also I dont seem to be able to move any of the sliders lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom