How do I KILL some pixels on an LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
My friend got one on NewEgg, it has 6 dead pixels and we need to return it, but NewEgg says 8 or more dead pixels.

Any ideas?

a pen and a cloth (so you don't nick the screen) push the pen into the cloth, into the screen and press hard. circle it around if needed... if a two year old can do it with a blue crayon, you can do it the right way! LOL :p

Should be. It's kind of a hit or miss thing. Some pixels can go through a really hard beating, while others don't take much at all to go dead. No way of telling when they'll go.

just do what nukem said, hmmm come to think about it i better keep that in mind since i should be getting a 19" WS later this year :), just incase

ummm yes... sometimes it's that easy... I have several ded ones, due to a rambuxious (sp) 2 year old... love her to death, but wanted to throttle her... LMAO :p but like it was said... sometimes it hit or miss... you can also do the same to a dead one and sometimes "revive" it...

A much easier way to make dead pixels is to make the screen flash different colors very fast for a long time (8 or more hours). There are some videos of this, just search google.

BTW when I say fast I mean like every 25ms.

Cool, thanks for the info guys. We're gunna try to "revive" the dead pixels, if that doesn't work then we're gunna do the flashy color thing :p. And if that doesn't work we'll start poking it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom