Hot Temps?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok my step-mom has had issues with her laptop (Sony Vaio Laptop PCG-K17) with the hard drive crapping out. All the time shes had it the output fan for the LT has been very hot. Finally I decided to dl Everest to look at temps and her hd is at 50 C and her cpu is at 58 C which seems hot even though its a laptop and a Pentium. Is it?

Everest will work fine and should read temps.Those temps are not bad and shouldnt cuase harm to anything.I wouldnt worry about a cooling pad unless you just wanna get one.There is another problem that is cuasingh HDD failure.Is it a P4 or P1.THe pentium 4's run warmer and those are in the safe range even for a laptop.Also that is why you didnt see any temps diffs between raised and not.A cooling pad wont haelp alot maybe 7 degrees.Plus HDD's run alot warmer than that atleast mine do.There Raptors though.

hey freaky is 2.4ghz the max oc you can get with that opty or havent you tried that much.

Laptops run a tad bit warmer than a normal desktop because there is very little space for air flow. That seems like it is about normal....

my friend's fujitsu P4 laptop runs hotter than that and its fine. its' too hot to even touch the vent port on his machine. it can cook eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom