Be honest, am I killing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
So I felt like overclocking a bit.
I've seen 2.6's get up to 3.2 with no voltage increase. However, I'm playing with PC2100 RAM. I brought the FSB from 133 to 145 with 10mhz incriments, I know, im pushy. At 145 I got immediate errors in Prime95, thats 2.9Ghz. Im guessing PC2700 or 3200 will help a ton. Only problem is my Biostar mobo isn't compatable with anything higher than 2100 (grrrr on my part). Could anyone suggest a nice microatx motherboard and RAM that would help. I have read through the forums, I would like some personal opinions thou. Thanks
-Joe

PC2100....eesh! Look at Tigerdirect.com for mobos and reviews. I never order from Tiger, but it is the best site in my opinion for finding the hardware I need and whether it is good or not.

I used to use tigerdirect, but newegg is much better, they have better selection and prices.

pc3200 would help with your over clocking. its pritty cheap too.

GeckoEcho421 said:
Yeah, go with newegg. They have the best prices on the web and the shipping there is unbeliablely fast.
Just read the reviews about 1/2 of them comment about how the product they ordered came sooner than they thought.

Yea, newegg is better, I would order my parts from there. However, tiger works better for me to help me decide what I need, then I will order from newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom