Home made video card cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
xenium said:
I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not because it really looks horrible lol. Anyways, thanx. And its really not that hard to do. You just hot-glue 2 5.25" drive bay covers together, cut out an 80mm square/circle, hot-glue fan and grill to it, and voila! It took me all of 10 minutes and it works great. If people are really interestd, Ill write a lil' tut with pics and everything :D

It took like an hour to make mine... I went really slow with a coping saw, cause I don't have a holesaw that big.

lol i wasnt being sarcastic. and if u could make that little tutorial that would be god cos i want to do it! that looks the same crazed but is prob more secure now yea? i hav finished mine now and put it in and looks good now. ill post pics 2mo. (its quarter to 12am here lol)

yea it is. is there any way you can straighten it up? or is it meant to be like that. i spose as its 80mm fan its better cos it blows on center of the card.

I was trying to make it blow on the GPU as much as I could, before it hit the capacitor on the motherboard.

I used to get artifacts at about 470MHz core, from 395MHz.. lets see if I can hit 500 now. :)

At default the core is set to 400 and mem at 250. Im getting same temps now at 465 and 260. I will up some more but will start to get artifacts probably.

I wish I had a temp sensor on my card, I'd really like to see how much of a difference it made.

How much difference did it make for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom