Hole Saw sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
to all you case modders out there...

I was going to buy some hole saws for case mods... I plan on doing some mods on my case and the woman's to help keep it cool and make the things quieter. My 80mm exhaust fan is extremely noisy due to the resistance that the 'grill' is offering. So I'm going to remove the entire thing and get one of those cheapy low-resistance fan grills so I don't stick my finger in the fan when I reach around the back.

Anyway, what sizes seem to work best for 120mm fans? I know that 76mm holes work well for 80mm fans, but I was wondering what you all have discovered to work for 120mm fans. When I go shopping for this, if I can't find it in metric sizes, what SAE measurement should I be looking for? Thanks boys.

Ryan

No experience with hole saws...I've simply just used the regular cutting wheel on the dremel and done it all manually, I've found that tracing out your cut and then making small cuts works pretty well, and you can use some high grit sand paper to smooth it out I presume unless you have a steel case

I'm not sure of the size, But if you know how to use a tape measure,(I know you do) You could just measure the inside diameter of the fan to get your size. If your going to buy the hole saw from a local hardware store, You could bring the fan into the store with you and match it up to the saw.

Post some pics when your done.

Good luck:D

oh, I was going to cut the hole, as I don't have any 120mm fans yet. My computer is shelved, and I figured I'd get some mods done while it's out of commission (video card is artifacting like mad). So I was going to cut the hole and order the fan soon.

Ryan

Forgive my ignorance but will someone quickly explain Artifacting? I've heard it talked about but never knew what it was. (Google helped little:( )

i believe a 3 1/2 inch hole saw =89 mm.. which is sufficient for a 92mm fan.. 120 I can't remember..

I was looking to get the same thing but the hole saw itself is around 18 bucks.. arbor=about 10... it sucks if u don't plan on doing more mods..

im waiting for something on ebay

goodluck tho... all you have to do is do the calculation...

1inch =2.54cm and im sure u know how to change cm>mm mm>cm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom