Hmmm when i overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to tell if your over clock is truly "stable" is if you do a good long run of prime95. If you get into windows it simply means your ram is running at an acceptable speed and that you have enough juice to get it down. Once your in windows with the speed you want, run a long prime95 test. If you get errors either a) raise the voltage or B lower the clock speed.

that's really a matter of preference. I ran mine for an hour and was satisfied with it. Most people like to run it 4-8 hours to get a better idea.

Yes, orthos will only stress 2 cores. If you have a quad, you'll have to run two instances of orthos to cover all 4 cores. Prime95 will stress all 4 cores in one instance.

Most people typically will stress for 8+ hours. I usually just let mine run overnight, as do many others. When I do that, it usually ends up testing for 13-14 hours at least. I sleep till like 12-2 on the weekends normally.;)

EDIT: Just saw you have a e6750. So yes, you can use either orthos or prime95.

Generally people will increase the FSB by 5-15Mhz at a time, then stress it for 8+ hours. If it is unstable then increase the voltage a notch or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom