His 2900pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
NosBoost300, i find ur sig kind of disturbing n cannot look away. That episode was kind a funny lol.

for the flash thing, since ur computer will read ur Pro as an XT, this does garanteed that ur Pro will run at same speeds as the XT n then u will be able to OC it more, right?

NosBoost300, i find ur sig kind of disturbing n cannot look away. That episode was kind a funny lol.

for the flash thing, since ur computer will read ur Pro as an XT, this does garanteed that ur Pro will run at same speeds as the XT n then u will be able to OC it more, right?

thats what i'm trying to find out on xtreme systems right now, but those people don't seem to answer posts too often.. i guess they're too busy overclocking and such.... but it'll boot overclocked already (being 2900xt speeds) as for being able to overclock higher.. from what i read, it changes the timing on the ram to that of an xt... which i'm sure is better... and i'm not too sure, the main thing i'm trying to find out is if it changes the voltage on the card.. cuz if it does, then yes, it will overclock higher

hopefully the ups man gets here before 1:30 when i leave for work.. otherwise i don't get to play with my goods until 10:00pm tonite! and that would be no fun...

welp the ******* ups man came right before i left for work.. so all i got to do was put the card in and install the drivers...

sadly, because i have no 8 pin connection for my gpu... i can not overclock it.. which is lame.. so imma do a little mod i found on xtreme systems whenever i can get around to it....

as for the bios.. i couldnt boot to my flash drive for some reason... so imma have to install that program and change its boot options and what not.... vista is not very friendly with the 2900pro at all... its given me a hard time for the short while i used it..

and with that said.. tonite i will be reinstalling windows xp onto my other hard drive and testing my gpu out on there... i may be back tonite with some benchmarks.. but that won't be until late night.. maybe around 1am (california time)

but i must say, that the card is a beast! its huge and weighs a good amount.... and the damned thermaltake armor case and its easy latches get in the way of having me be able to screw it down... so imma have to play around with that tonite when i get home as well...

So are you still working for that magazine publisher or whatnot?

yup still doing some lame desktop publishing and production for Impress (a dumb print station in office max) but i think i'm going to be promoted to supervisor really soon, so yay to 15 dollars an hour at my young age of 19 very soon :) ... i'm looking forward to that....

but anyway.. its almost time to go home! i'll update what i've done fairly soon.. i'll be on the lappy as i do my progress

well thats bogus. Do they even make power supplies with 8 pin connectors on them?

there is n from what ive seen on newegg, the 700w-up have at least 1 8-pin connector.

i lucky found a cheap, good one. This one has 2 x 6-pin n 2 x 8-pin connectors, but the 8-pin connectors can be split apart to 6-pin, making the PSU have 4 x 6-pin connectors total:

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

this is what i want until have seen anything better and/or cheaper that meets my tastes ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom