Highest core voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

180Mhz

In Runtime
Im overclocking my socket A sempron 2500+ and im wondering what is the highest core voltage I can safely run it at. Currently Ive mannaged to get it fully stabe at 1900Mhz (180x10.5) with a core voltage of 1.66v. I would like to get the CPU BUS up to 200Mhz which would give me total clock speed of 2100Mhz. I dont know how much voltage tolerance this chip has and im kinda afraid to push it any farthe. My temps are quite low 37-38*C idle and running prime95's torture test it has peaked at 44*C.

Also is the sempron able to be hacked into mobile mode with unlocked multipliers like some of the old AMD Barton chips?

Here is my current OC.
OC.jpg

It's a socket A, don't be shy with voltage! For a 130nm chip I'd say for 24/7 use dont go ver 1.65v, but that thing will easily take 1.7-1.75v (with proper cooling).

Athlon XPs could handle up to 1.9vcore for 24/7 use with the right cooling and you could probably handle 2v for benchmarking purposes...Sempron is basically derived from the same architecture as the XPs therefore I'd say you are basic looking at the same power specifications

Well i leave my computer on 24/7 and it has be running so for the past year so should i just call it quits at what ive got right now or would it be safe to push it a bit more to the 2GHz range?

Well, the CPU is a POS, so if it dies it gives you an excuse to upgrade :)

Maybe I'm just a conservative OC'er but that is on fire to my standards. I'm 32C on idle and am normally at 40C under a heavy load. For a Sempron though you've pushed it pretty far and I've barely OC'd my processor I wonder if I'm in needed of investing for better cooling...

im using the thermaltake volcano 12 and Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound. Decent heatsink for under $50 CDN. My cpu was maxing 38*C before i OC'd it.
Ive heard that semprons are POS OC'ers i wouldent mind an upgrade but i dont have the income for a new Mobo/CPU at the moment. Plus ive heard of people pushing this CPU to like 2200Mhz and holding it stable. They never gave me any info on core voltages. so what would you guys do? Would ya keep it as it is for 24/7 use or push it a bit more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom