highest athlon 2400 and up overclock??

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok my cpu internal clock maximum is 3.2ghz wow i mean thats a little crazy. could u imagine my cpu at that speed! whoa.. but anyways whats the highest clocked socket A ever? and is it possible to get mine to 3.2 on freezer cooled water? or itlease 3ghz?

I don't see how you are getting what you are getting? My 2800 barton shuts down my computer at approx. 2.3ghz. I don't know what the deal is. I don't think it's the temp. It is approx. 47C when it reboots. I'm going to check my BIOS settings and see if there is some kind of setting that is telling the system to reboot when the cpu hits 47C. Otherwise I have no idea why it is doing this. I don't know too much about voltages but maybe that is the problem? I have a program (Core Center) that enables you to adjust FSB and all voltages without going to the BIOS. Anyone have any idea what could be my problem?

no trust me the internal clock maximum on my cpu is 3.2ghz i doubt it will ever run at that, but thats just the internal clock maximum. my brother bought a p4 ht 2.8ghz and it said its internal clock maximum was 3.6ghz. and gospel maybe u should raise the voltage to your cpu core. thats proubly why your not booting up past 2.3ghz.and i have booted my cpu at highest of 2.65ghz but was only unstable becasue of low voltage.

if you really want to see your internal clock maximum open up 3dmark05 and click details and it should be listed. you can also use this to see what your cpu really is becasue intel does lock the multiplier and sell the cpu as a slower one, so what im saying is(example) your 3.2ghz p4 could possibly be a 3.8ghz so u might want to check. i have used the 3dmark05 to check to see what alot of intel cpus really are, another friend of mine has a 2.6ghz p4 ht and his internal clock maximum was displayed as 3.4ghz on 3dmark05 and sure enough with a up in the voltage the cpu runs at 3.4ghz with no problem. i do not know why my internal clock maximum is supposivley 3.2ghz and i assure you it will never run at that speed

Ok, I don't know if you just got lucky or what, but that crap within 3dmark05 isn't trustworthy at all dude.

3.2GHz is MAYBE slightly possible with an XP-Mobile, nothing short of a phase change unit and a lot of luck........even though you'll start simply hitting the max of what the CPU can withstand regardless of temp or voltage.

Heres my max:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/33702493420.jpg&s=x11

2.7GHz completely stable on my 35w 2400+ XP-Mobile...I actually linked to that CPU in your thread about the prices going up. I could boot it at 2.8GHz but it wasn't even close to stable....it'd fail prime95 instantly.

This was with an SLK-900A thermalright heatsink and an 80mm Vantec Tornado........I'd like to see what it'd hit with phase change or water cooled pelt.....but I also don't want to break it

(EVEN THOUGH SPECIALBLEND WANTS TO FREEZE IT, OVERCLOCK IT, AND ALL AROUND PUT IT THROUGH HELL :p)

yea the xp 2400 mobile does overclock way better than my cpu. and if your cpu was stable at 2.7ghz on air thats really good. im hoping i can sell my motherboard and buy the nf7 s v2.0 and run my cpu at 2.65ghz becasue it has booted in to windows at that speed, and it would reboot while rendering 3d i belive a voltage raise would fix that. but it did boot in windows at 2.65ghz at 1.85 volt, so i must ditch this gay motheboard i have now becasue its can go no higher than 1.85 volt, and also my 5v rail is running at 4.3v! lol and my 5v standby is at 4.6v so i would need to purchase the ocz powerstream also to achieve to 2.6ghz stable results

well 1.85 may do it, but if your PSU is all crappy and unstable then of course that'll definitely limit you. It took 1.975v to be able to get 2.7GHz completely stable and yeah that was on air, way before I ever got into water cooling. I put 2.225v through that chip trying to get 2.8GHz stable.......I wouldn't recommend that though :p

1.85 would let me get 2.5GHz stable, 1.925 would be for 2.6GHz and of course like I said 1.975v was for 2.7GHz

hmm, the max fsb of my 754 newcastle athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 ghz 10x M) is 450, original is 200. so that would get me 4,5 GHz, i doubt it would work that high..... i dont even think it would operate good at 300 fsb

yea my psu is crap but u get what you pay for. it hasnt went out so i guess 45 bucks is decent. and what is the thermalright slk 900A? what site is it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom