Higher the OC, lower the score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedjunior

Daemon Poster
Ok so I'm trying to OC my 6600GT PCIE card to get the most out of it before it gets totally obsolete. On stock cooling I've had it OC'd to 570/1100 and I score a respectable 3890 on 3DMark05, which is the highest I could go. But my temps were about 55* @ idle and 70-75* @ load, so I wanted to cool a bit more. I purchased a Zalman VF700-CU, installed it, and temps are down to 45* @ idle and 55* under load. So I OC'd it to 580/1200, still reaches the same temp, and seems stable while playing games. Yet, when I benchmark it with 3DMark05, I now get a consistent score of around 2500? Any idea why performance has gone down? Latest driver is installed.

Besides the 3Dmark score, did you try playing a game with it at that clocked setting, and watching your fps? Comparing them to the fps in the same game at the previous setting. I would consider using two different ways to evaluate performace before you consider there is something wrong.

Also you might want to increase the clock settings by just a little bit each time. Finding out where the exact limit is on the card. You cant over clock it to the moon with all the cooling in the world. The do have a limit of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom