Higher budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD AI

Baseband Member
I recently got an extra $500 to spend (yay eBAY!) so I was thinking about getting a better computer than the one I was going to get for $1000. here it is

CPU AMD 64 3500+ venice core

Mobo DFI lanparty UT nF4 ultra

CD/DVD burner PLEXTOR 8m cach cd/dvd burner

HDD Maxtor Diamondmax 10 200g

Headphones Sennheiser DJ HD212

Keyboard Saitek Eclipse

Mouse Razer Diamondback

RAM Twin MOS 1gb 512 x2 X2

GFX BFG tech 6800GT (click for the rest of the name)

$40 for Lighting and accents

$10 for cables

$100 for case

is this great for the amount of money I am putting into it?

Maxtor sucks, get seagate or western digital, get the 3500 with the venice core, but the 3200 venice should be enough for pretty much anything you have in mind, and then you could put the extra in better ram.

Instead of that CPU, I would get this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103533

It uses a Venice core which has an extra instruction set (SSE3). The Venice will also overclock better (if you ever want to).

Also, for RAM, I would get this:
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218062

According to Nubius, it OCs nicely (if needed) and it actually turns out to be a better deal than what you picked. 2GB is kinda excessive and you wont notice that big of a difference compared to 1 GB. Either way, if you want to get 2GB just get 4 sticks of the TwinMOS.

I can get that CPU bundled with the mobo and save like $30 is it really worth that much more ( I NEED 2 GBs believe me)

I have heard that the venice core was better, and even seen first hand that it was, but I thought it would get me over budget, but it won't so I'm all good. ( my rig is for gaming by the way)

I switched to venice and am probably going to switch to that RAM

The performance difference wouldnt be very much initially. The big difference is in overclocking. If you dont dig overclocking then get the bundle and save some money. Same goes for the RAM.

if I buy all of that stuff I will have about $40 left, what should I spend it on? I don't need speakers.

I rarely EVER burn things, so I'm going for more CD-R speed, but I still want a burner for the rare cases when I do.

PSU? It's one of the most important considerations with that mobo...

And yeah, there's reports that some Maxtor HDD's don't play nice with the Lanparty's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom