high temps for long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

subdivizion

Banned
not sure but i am currently doing some hardcore video encoding and i've had my CPU at full load for 2:30 hours. temps running at 61-62C steady. is this healthy?

the heatsink and fan are the ones that came with the CPU. should i get a better HS and fan? if so, what would you recommend?

my CPU is a P4 3.0GHz.

the sp-94 is the BEST heatsink on the market. the issue is simply not up for debate. it will beat ANY other socket 478 heatsink. look up the reviews online, the sp-94 has a significant edge over every other heatsink. its amd counterpart, the sp-97, has an edge over every other heatsink in the amd department. at this point in time they are the best heatsinks out there (made by thermalright)

the sp-94 looks like it's really good but i read that it's noisy and i have a recording studio on the line so that wouldn't benefit me much. thanx for the reply.

the Kingwwin heatsink obviouslyy is for Athlons so that's not feasible.

lastly regarding that Aerocool combo, i didn't hear many and good reviews online.

thanx for the replies though.

any more suggestions?

knuckle50 said:
the sp-94 is the BEST heatsink on the market. the issue is simply not up for debate. it will beat ANY other socket 478 heatsink. look up the reviews online, the sp-94 has a significant edge over every other heatsink. its amd counterpart, the sp-97, has an edge over every other heatsink in the amd department. at this point in time they are the best heatsinks out there (made by thermalright)

Yes .. I've heard very good things about that heat sink. However, you have to take out the mobo to install it. It may very well be worth it. I'd love to be able to fit something like that on my 9700 pro ... then it could take up two slots like the high end fx cards ^^

modemide said:
I'd love to be able to fit something like that on my 9700 pro ... then it could take up two slots like the high end fx cards ^^

haha you have no idea man... i read the reviews and saw pictures and thought hey, it doesnt seem that big. but this thing is MASSIVE. if you found a way to fit it on your video card it would probably take up the agp slot and 3 pci slots, no joke. and if you go to lan parties or move your computer around at all, the thing would break your video card in half. on the motherboard it can be safely mounted, the mounting system is good, but on a vga i card you have no chance

knuckle50 said:
haha you have no idea man... i read the reviews and saw pictures and thought hey, it doesnt seem that big. but this thing is MASSIVE. if you found a way to fit it on your video card it would probably take up the agp slot and 3 pci slots, no joke. and if you go to lan parties or move your computer around at all, the thing would break your video card in half. on the motherboard it can be safely mounted, the mounting system is good, but on a vga i card you have no chance

I had no idea it would take up more than 1-2 pci slots. Either way, it was just a joke. In any case. Do you have personal experience with this heat sink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom