Hey, whats this thing do? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Hey, whats this thing do?

So...i got everything assembled saturday afternoon. Went to leak test, had a small leak at the cpu block, tightened everything down (stupid recessed hole on the GTZ). Continued leak testing as i went to bed, and woke up with my PSU telling me theres a short somewhere. I think i might have killed my board Going to tear it all apart after work and have a look around. Not sure what went wrong as nothing was powered up to short out.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

You do know that the GTZ requires he use of fittings with non recessed o-rings. Or doubling up o-rings on Bitspower products...

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
You do know that the GTZ requires he use of fittings with non recessed o-rings. Or doubling up o-rings on Bitspower products...
My bitspower compressions fit fine, i just forgot to tighten the crap out of the 90 degree rotary. At this point, since i'm going to have to drain the loop again and remove everything, i think i'm going to order a koolance 350 and some quick connects and make the whole thing modular. The problem with the tri-sli setup is that i basically have to drain the video card loop to remove the cards. The 3 cards with waterblocks weigh around 12 pounds