help on what to put in a new cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautiphil

In Runtime
hey guys i want to build a ulitmate gaming pc can you guys help me out with what to put inside the comp.

i need the specs

Well, if you have an unlimited amount of money, then just go to Newegg and find the most expensive of everything and/or look for the stuff with the highest speeds and greatest memory. However, if you want to be at least semi-efficient in your pc-building experience (by the way, I think you meant to put PC not CPU in the thread title) then I suggest the following.

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+,3200+,3400+ 1MB L2 Cache
MB: ASUS Socket 754 K8N-E Deluxe nForce 3 Chipset (and you don't really need the K8N-E Deluxe, unless you need a lot of "extras" like multiple cpus, hds, networking stuff, so you can just get a regular K8N)
RAM: 1 GB Corsair Xtreme Dual Channel, or 1GB Kingston ram, or go to www.crucial.com and they have good quality ram although not quite as cheap as what you'll find on Newegg
AUDIO: Depends. Audigy 2 is always a popular choice. Also, try and go with at least a 5.1 surround sound setup or if you really like sound and music (like me) get an 8 speaker surround sound setup (and the ASUS MB has a realtek '97 built in 8-speaker support in case you really don't want to buy a souncard, but you should since they're not expensive)
CASE: Something with cool lights (and decent power supply, I don't know the specs for those but I'm sure someone here does). Usually you can find a decent one under $75.00. I found a nice one for $45.
GPU: Geforce 6800GT if you have a good $425 to spend on that, or if I may say so, my Geforce FX 5900 ultra runs quite well and will cost about half that.
MONITOR: 19" flatscreen. 17" lcd. Or if you have a lot of money a 19" lcd flat-panel (?). I don't know where you could find one though.

Those are my suggestions, good luck with everything.

thanks
i was wondering if amd is better then pentium?
but i was thinking AMD ATHLON 64 FX-55 S939 2.6GHZ 1MB CPU is that better than what you said or no?

the video card i was thinking ati X800XT PE i dont if thats better

im just getting into computers sorry if i dont know what im talking about heh

im here to learn

and money doesnt matter im getting everything at cost

Yeah, if you can get that processor it's a freakin' killer compared to the one I suggested. But that means you'll have to get a socket 949 MB too, so make sure you do that (which is actually better because most of them have four slots for ram instead of three). And on the video card, I'm a biased nvidia card owner so I say that my card is better. However, if you're looking forward to playing half-life2 just be aware that nvidia cards have some stuttering problems (nothing too bad though if you have enough ram), but overall I DEFINITELY think that the 6800gt is better than the ati.

ya sorry about the double post i clicked it twice sorry:confused:

ya but whats socket 939? what is that is it a motherboard??

Sorry, I didn't even catch that. It's just another type like socket 754. It's what you need to look for on amd processors to see if they will fit into the board. You don't wanna try to stick a 754 cpu in a 939 or vice versa. Just look on Newegg, and you'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom