Help with watercooling setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommygreen23

Beta member
Hello Everyone!

I just recently seriously upgraded my computer. Im now running a AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+, 4 gigs of ram, 2 maxtor 500GB SATA drives, a DVD burner and DVD rom drive, both SATA (didn't know there were sata optical drives :p) all on a ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe board. I also have 2 EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB cards in SLi. Anyway my processor is running at a steady 65 degrees in idle with no overclocking at all. I have a huge gygabyte Rocket II as well as 2 aluminum HDD coolers, the HUGE!!! fans on the 8800's, 2 80mm case fans, and a 120mm case fan as well as the 2 fans in my power supply. I thought that all of that would cool it down to a pretty reasonable level, but I was wrong.

So what I need to know is what would be the best path to take to cool my processor, my 2 8800's (cant find a block for them anywhere!) possibly my hard drives, while keeping it fairly quiet? I would prefer a all in 1 system but none support the 8800's. Im also low on case space except for my 2 empty 5.25 bays (8800's are huge! I had to mound my hard drives backwards to be able to plug the cards in!) Is anyone running a similar setup with watercooling? Can the 8800's even be watercooled? I appreciate any and all help!!

PS: I have 2 of these VGA coolers that wont fit the 8800, I would just RMA them, but then I have to pay shipping and the 15% restocking fee and all that crap, one is unopened, the other opened to see if it would fit and thats all. PM me if anyone wants them and we can make a deal ;)

Newegg.com - ZALMAN VF900 – CU 2 Ball VGA Cooler - Retail

Thanks!

Petra's Tech Shop carries what you need

look at the ek 8800gts water blocks
the d-tek cpu block
the petras pump top with the ddc pump
1/2 tubing
t-line
and a 2x120 or 3x120mm radiator

if you need more help, my aim and msn names are in my profile

Status
Not open for further replies.