Help! The usual - "Computer won't boot!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
I tried OC'ing and ran some torture tests with Prime95 with no problems while on the computer. My temps didn't reach anything higher than 55c for both CPUs. I quit the test and restarted.

I now can't boot into my PC. I tried setting the motherboard settings to "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" (Use this menu to load the default values set by the BIOS vendor for stable system performance.) and that hasn't worked.

At first I was getting an error saying how it doesn't have a startup boot device and then I checked the BIOS and apparently it got switched to the floppy drive option, which I don't have.

I tried setting it to the my SATA HD and tried to restart, but no luck again.

Then... after a few CTRL+ALT+DEL and going back into the BIOS screen, I don't even see the SATA HD listed as an option to boot with. The only thing I see is the fictional floppy drive, my DVDRW drive, my iPod which was connected at the time, and the fourth option as "disabled."

Anyone know the problem? My specs are below. Note, I have no cooler, running on stock.

I also used AMD's Overdrive application to change my HTT reference clock to 216 Hz reference clock * 13x multiplier = 2 808 Hz for the system.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit
MSI K9A2 CF-F AM2+/AM2 AMD
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 and G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Sony NEC Optiarc 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model
Cooler Master CM 690 Case
Seagate 500GB HD
Ultra V-Series 500W PSU (+12V, 28A)
10/04/08 – Windows Vista 64 bit SP1

Nevermind it booted again after I let it sit off for 15 minutes.

Anyone know why this happened?

^ the same thing happened to me, turned out my 6 m/o Seagate HDD just up and stopped working. -Like they're known to do.

Based on what you listed, your Core Clock was 2.6g, and you set your HT links speed to 2.8G?? AFAIK, The HT Link speed isn't supposed to be faster than the CPU Speed. After sitting for 15 Minutes, that bleed all the residual memory from the RAM and the system.

Is your HD dead?

I set the HTT reference clock, not HT link. Is there a difference in terminology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom