help using EVGA Precision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich. Thanks for the response. If overclocking the GPU is a waste thats fine. I still want to overclock my CPU as well but since my comp is prebuilt I need a program to do so.
What can anyone tell me about overclocking my CPU?

also when I take a screen shot and open it in word I cannot take that image and open up in photobucket to bring it in here. What can I do?
Thanks all

ok got the screenshot figured out
here is the hwmonitor shot of my baseline numbers. what do they all mean?
hwmonitor.jpg

Thanks Patonb, so what your saying then is there is no temp reading for my GPU? Also what would be temp readings that are bad and good? whats the proper ranges?

Thanks Rich the number you gave sounds good. All i need is the program that will work for me

Anything over 60c is where I start to worry unless it's a descrete graphics card.

Your GPU is located on the Northbridge, which needs to stay cool because most everything goes thru the Northbridge. It's one of those TMPIN1 or TMPIN2

It's probably TMPIN1. If you see any of the temps on HWmonitor go above 60c then it's time to think about cooling.

You don't have a "GPU Temp" section because your GPU is on your NB. It's an integrated graphics card which is why I mentioned earlier about how you wouldn't get much performance out of it.

Is there a way to change the topics name? I need more general OCing help and I think the topic name deters some
thanks

There's not you might have to post one more in the overclocking section.

But let's make sure we've got everything clarified besides that.
So I didn't know you were rocking onboard graphics, my bad, lol that's a big don't overclock me flag as we've seen and heard from the others.
as far as cpu goes your temps are awesome so all we need is the right program for you.

You might want to try everything you can to get ntune to work but i did find this after about 30 minutes of poking around lol
ClockGen 1.0.5.3 download free - Set of overclocking software
might work not sure but its worth a shot

yeah Abstract I guess its an onboard graphics card.

So let me just make sure my summary of things going on here is on board with yours. Since after all you are my biggest supporter lol.

1.Overclocking GPU is a NO.
2.My temps are fine otherwise so, im good to go on overclocking my CPU and RAM
3.Amd Overdrive did not work.
4.CPU-Z works but im not sure how to use it. They say u can adjust everything through SPD but im a rookie.
5.EVGA Precision is no longer needed
6.Nvidia Ntune did not work but I need to find out why
Thats where I am at as of now.
Also I downloaded and installed the most recent graphics driver for my unit. I am not sure of any effects good or bad but I am under the impression it fixes a few bugs with the card.

and im spent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom